Old Town Newhall is the place to be on Thursday nights as Art SLAM, a free evening event features the process of filmmaking along Main Street. Start your evening at 6th Street and stroll down to Lyons catching each film installation, display, and interactive activity along the way.
Film SLAM, Thursday, September 5, from 7-11pm, in Old Town Newhall.
(Click to enlarge)
Experience the four outdoor theatre screenings, “The Goonies” movie memorabilia and costume displays, sound effects demonstrations, superhero green screen activity, a stop motion animation activity, and a few surprises along the way.
1. 45 minute walking tour of the “Walk of Western Stars,” lead by local historian EJ Stephens. Learn about all of the film actors, stuntmen, and above the line honorees recognized along Main Street.
2. “Space Hunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone” movie motorcycle prop, from the 1983 pulp, action-comedy, science fiction film. The movie starred Peter Strauss, Molly Ringwald, Ernie Hudson, Andrea Marcovicci, and Michael Ironside and was directed by Lamont Johnson.
3. For just a buck – win an original piece of art for $1! Dodd Holsapple has created 6 unique pieces of art inspired by film. Watch Holsapple create the last two pieces live at FILM SLAM. Purchase a raffle ticket for a chance to win one of the 6 movie inspired film reel art works.
4. Be a superhero for the evening, fly above the crowds on a green screen brought to you by SCVTV
5. Free outdoor screening of ‘The Goonies’ at 7:30 pm on the corner of Main Street and Lyons Avenue
6. Enjoy non-stop fun at this very special screening area. Retro Format will screen a full night of Silent Comedy Shorts with live piano accompaniment. They will run the films on a vintage 8 mm projector!